- The EPA estimates indoor levels of pollutants, on average, are 2 to 5 times higher than outdoor. 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
- One out of every three cleaning chemicals used in US schools has been shown to cause health or environmental problems, so switch to greener cleaning products.
- The average home today contains over sixty-two chemicals. More than 72,000 synthetic chemicals have been invented since World War II.
- Topping off your gas tank can increase the amount of ground-level ozone and other air pollutants.
- Trees purify the air and prevent global warming by absorbing up to 800 lbs. of CO2 every year. Trees intercept up to 36% of the rainfall around them, minimizing floods and water pollution caused by storm water runoff